Break-ups are never easy. They’re painful. And although it feels like you will never get over it and move on, you will. It will get easier. If you’re having trouble with the process, click below for some helpful tips and tricks.
- Become your own soulmate. Love yourself. Be there for yourself. Take care of yourself. Spoil yourself with love and affection. Buy yourself flowers. Tell yourself that you’re beautiful everyday.
- Remind yourself: It doesn’t always work out and that’s okay.
- Sometimes you just need to cry it out. Crying is a healthy way to process your emotions. It also has a calming effect. Make sure to let it all out.
- Make a list of things in your life that you are thankful for. And read it over and over again when you are down. Remember, “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” -Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet.
- Focus on your goals. Sometimes when we’re in a relationship, we lose sight of our own personal goals and dreams. After a break-up, use your new free time to get back into it. Putting your energy into yourself will not only distract you from your heart-ache, but will be productive for your future.
- Get a make-over! Nothing too drastic, but definitely invest in a fresh look. Go get a haircut, a mani/pedi, a new outfit. Treat yourself! Doing something like this will make you feel good and will boost your confidence!
- Release what you’re feeling. Vent to your friends/family/therapist. Journal. Sing. Listen to music. Draw. Paint. Find some (healthy) way to get it out of your system.
- Forgive. Even if your ex never said sorry, forgive them anyway. Also, forgive yourself. You can’t change your past, you can only learn from it. Accept it and have hope that you will be okay. Because you will.